Tritrichomonas foetus images and video:
- T. foetus Video Links; courtesty of Dr. Robert BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian Emeritus, U.C. Davis*.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis collection demonstration video
- T. foetus images and diagrams courtesy of Google
*Please note that the above links do not imply an endorsement from the author,
Robert H. BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian and Department Chair or UC Davis.
Tritrichomonas foetus online resources:
- Reference Guide: State-by-State Resources for T. foetus Testing Requirements courtesy of Applied Biosystems.
- Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Trichomoniasis page - Excellent resource including video links and information on regulations, pricing, sample collection & handling and transport.
- Washington State Department of Agriculture Bovine Trichomoniasis Testing Resources.
- Trichomoniasis Prevention: The Cost Per Cow to Prevent - Colorado State University Extension.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis: Essential Facts and Testing - UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- Applied Biosystems VetMAX™ Reagents for PCR; Real-time PCR is the most sensitive method for amplifying Tritrichomonas foetus DNA.
- PubMed Search: "Bovine Trichomoniasis"
- Improved detection of Tritrichomonas foetus in bovine diagnostic specimens using a novel probe-based real time PCR assay. McMillen and Lew. Vet Parasitol. 2006; 141:204-15
- Comparison of the diagnostic sensitivity of a commercially available culture kit and a diagnostic culture test using Diamond’s media for diagnosing Tritrichomonas foetus in bulls. Parker, et al. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2003; 15:460-465